Monday, October 18, 2010

Saved The Girl



I wrote this song the day I went back to work after the Elevate Music conference. Bro. Bow taught a class on how everyone should write a song for God, whether anyone else ever hears it or not, or whether anyone else likes it or not, God deserves a song. A song can be about worship, love, turmoil, victories, defeats, joy, happiness, or a testimony like mine.
This song is my testimony because God saved me from the life I was in and now He is truly my joy! I wouldn't give this life away for nuthin'!
God captured my heart and saved me from the life that the world lives. He saved me like a prince that came in and swooped the girl off her feet. He saved me from I life where I would be caught up in the wind of the world, doing everything to find happiness, but never filling that void in my heart that only God can. God, I can remember how I was before you filled me with the Holy Ghost... How boring and dry. Thank you for the joy you've instilled in exchange for my sorrow! Thank you for grabbing my hand before I let go of life for good... Lord, you hold my heart as no one else can. Nobody. God, I give you my life without reservation, You bought me with a price and I intend to fill my life with what You want me to do!

Praise the Lord!
Amen.

God is the answer to every need. I hope if you've heard this and read it that it blesses and encourages you like it does me. I hope if you are looking for a way out, or for more of just what life is all about that you turn your life over to God and seek the Truth. He will guide you. He is everything and will not fail you!

No comments:

Post a Comment